About Peter Oxford
WELCOME TO SHOWCASE: SPOTLIGHT ON PETER OXFORD, PRESIDENT AND FOUNDER:
Peter Oxford is the Founder and CEO/President of the Showcase Australian Dance Championships & Hollywood Bound National Dance Championships and has dominated the Dance competition industry in Australia since the mid 1990s.
In 2019 Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth 2 personally congratulated Peter Oxford on his achievements and the 25th anniversary of the Showcase Australian Dance Championships as well as the commitment to raising awareness to Cystic Fibrosis.
Peter Oxford and his outstanding credits and achievements within not only the dance industry but to charitable events have made him a household name when it comes to Dance.
With over 18,000 acts attending his events annually is hailed as Australia's most successful Dance entrepreneur having created the first national innovative dance event for the industry. Over the last 25 years Peter's efforts in producing Showcase, and later Hollywood Bound, has improved the standard of competition and the quality of dance in Australia.
These events provide a great opportunity for young dancers and have assisted in raising the profile of the Australian dance industry on the world stage.
An accomplished dancer himself, Peter was the first Australian to ever travel to the United States of America and win back-to-back titles in Chicago, Orlando and Las Vegas in the same year. Following this Peter was offered guest teaching roles in California and Iowa and invited to judge at the Rainbow National Dance Competition in Las Vegas.
Returning home to Australia to start his own studio, Peter wanted more Australian dancers to experience the professionalism and scale of dance competitions in the US. He took his studio on tour to compete at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas and Disneyworld, Florida. From 1996 to 2009 Peter toured over 700 Australian and New Zealand dancers to the US to compete in Las Vegas Starpower & Showstopper, the States' largest Dance competitions.
The concept of National Dance competitions in Australia was born!
In 2001 Peter discovered the Bangkok costumes and took the first teacher group shopping for dance costumes soon after which today has become a thriving industry in Bangkok
In 1994 Peter took the bold move to establish an official National Dance competition in Australia. The showcase was up and running and offered regional qualifying rounds in major cities across Australia with a grand National final to crown Australia’s Dance Champions.
For the past 25 years, Showcase has been known as the ultimate dance competition for young Australian dancers. It has seen the best of the best in the Australian Dance Industry and launched many international careers.
Every year elite dancers take to the stage at Showcase and compete to be Australia's National Dance Champion! Featuring the highly-contested 'Dancer of the year' category (introduced in 1995), over the years Peter has also introduced less-traditional genres and evolving dance categories to the competition. Now featuring Broadway Jazz, Hip Hop, Contemporary and even student choreography, Showcase constantly moves with the times and offers something for everyone.
In 2012, Peter introduced another first for the Australian Dance Competition Industry – online registration and downloadable audio adjudication reports. This innovation improves the standard and efficiency of competition and feedback for all competitors.
Following the amazing success of Showcase, Peter then established and introduced a second national dance competition in 2015. “Hollywood Bound” gives Australian dancers another opportunity to compete in a safe and professional environment.
Just some of the many Peter Oxfords achievements:
· Peter Oxford was born in Sydney and with many years of extensive training in all areas of dance and acrobatics, Peter went on to own and direct his own dance studio in Sydney for over 12 years. As both the producer and choreographer for the Showbiz Kids Show Group; Peter’s Studio was selected as the Official Ambassadors for the history-making Trade Agreements and the launch of the Sydney Sister City exchange program in China. During his years as Dance Educator Peter was in constant demand to conduct Dance Workshops, Teacher Seminars; & judged dance competitions throughout Australia as well as in USA, Canada, New Zealand and Singapore.
· In 2000 Peter worked on the production team for the Olympic Torch Relay Committee and Choreographer for selected venue openings for the Sydney Olympic Games.
· In 2001 Peter first travelled to Saigon, Vietnam and began his long association with the orphanage. Over the past 15 years, Showcase families and competitors have assisted in raising much-needed funds and providing important supplies to support the 120 orphans.
· He was also the MC and on the board of Directors for the 2007 World Dance Championships in Las Vegas and had countless numbers of Dancers compete at various Dance Championships in the USA as their tour manager.
· In 1994 Peter was named as a finalist in the Young Achiever of the Year Awards.
· Guest solo appearance on the long-running television show Young Talent Time in 1985
· Peter was contracted to work alongside tourism Malaysia to coordinate with various Australian Dance studios to be part of the Australia week celebrations in Kuala Lumpur for 4 consecutive years taking over 300 dancers to take part in the highly successful events.
· From 2013 Peter Oxford was signed under the management of Stage Addictions which is primarily an exclusive high profile celebrity artist management company for iconic and respected recording artists and celebrities from across the globe.
- Peter was one of the contributing writers in the successful book " Dance to success"
· Peter has a long association with Cystic Fibrosis Australia as both Ambassador and peers support leader to other CF suffers
- In 2019 Peter Oxford advocated the NSW health Minister on improving services for CF patients, which lead to Prime Minister Scott Morrison putting an election promise to fund 65 million dollars to a Cystic Fibrosis centre at Westmead which was also matched by opposition leader Bill Shorten during the Election Campaign
- In 2019 Peter Oxford was on the judging panel for the Dance World Cup Portugal
the largest dance competition on the planet with over 50 nations taking part, 6000 + dancers.
- Peter has also just been part of a book release that he helped write called "The CF Warrior Project" with endorsements by Celine Dion and Megan Fox.
Peter Oxford: Former Dancer, Dance Educator, Industry consultant, Travel manager, Advocate for Child Safety in Dance, Professional Show Producer & Successful National Competition Director.